Yutao Sang (桑玉涛) 青年研究员
Yutao Sang (桑玉涛) 青年研究员
Education and Research Experience
2023–today: Associate Professor, Fudan University, Department of Macromolecular Science
2019–2023: Post-Doctoral Fellow, Weizmann Institute of Science, Department of Chemical and Biological Physics
2016–2019: Ph.D. in Physical Chemistry, Institute of Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences
2013–2016: M.Sc. in Material Science, Qingdao University
2009–2013: B.Sc. in Applied Chemistry, Qingdao University
Spin filter materials/devices based on chiral compound
Precise construction and functionalization of complex chiral functional materials
1. Yutao Sang, Qirong Zhu, Xiaoqin Zhou, Yuqian Jiang, Li Zhang*, Minghua Liu*, Ultrasound directed symmetry breaking and spin filtering of supramolecular assemblies from only achiral building blocks. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2023, 62, e202215867.
2. Yutao Sang, Francesco Tassinari, Kakali Santra, Wenyan Zhang, Claudio Fontanesi, Brian P. Bloom, David H. Waldeck, Jonas Fransson, and Ron Naaman*. Chirality enhances oxygen reduction. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U. S. A., 2022, 119, e2202650119.
4. Yutao Sang, Suryakant Mishra, Francesco Tassinari, Senthil Kumar Karuppannan, Raanan Carmieli, Ruijie D. Teo, Agostino Migliore, David N. Beratan, Harry B. Gray, Israel Pecht, Jonas Fransson, David H. Waldeck, Ron Naaman*, Temperature Dependence of Charge and Spin Transfer in Azurin. J. Phys. Chem. C, 2021, 125, 9875−9883.
5. Minghao Zhou,† Yutao Sang,† Xue Jin, Sanxu Chen, Junchen Guo, Pengfei Duan*, Minghua Liu, Steering Nanohelix and Upconverted Circularly Polarized Luminescence by Using Completely Achiral Components. ACS nano, 2021, 15, 2753−2761.
6. Yutao Sang, Dong Yang, Zhaocun Shen, Pengfei Duan, Minghua Liu*, Mechanically Controlled and Consecutively Boosted Circularly Polarized Luminescence of Nanoassemblies from Achiral Molecules. J. Phys. Chem. C, 2021, 124, 17274−17281.
9. Zhaocun Shen*,†, Yutao Sang,† Tianyu Wang,† Jian Jiang, Yan Meng, Yuqian Jiang, Kou Okuro*, Takuzo Aida*, Minghua Liu*. Asymmetric catalysis mediated by a chiral symmetry-broken helical nanoribbon. Nat. Commun., 2019, 10, 3976.
10. Xue Jin,† Yutao Sang,† Yonghong Shi, Yuangang Li, Xuefeng Zhu, Pengfei Duan,* Minghua Liu. Optically Active Upconverting Nanoparticles with Induced Circularly Polarized Luminescence and Enantioselectively Triggered Photopolymerization, ACS Nano, 2019, 13, 2804–2811.
11. Yutao Sang, Dong Yang, Pengfei Duan and Minghua Liu*, The chiral amine triggered self-assembly of achiral emissive molecules into circularly polarized luminescent supramolecular assemblies. Chem. Commun., 2019, 55, 11135–11138.
12. Lukang Ji,† Yutao Sang,† Guanghui Ouyang*, Dong Yang, Pengfei Duan, Yuqian Jiang, Minghua Liu*. Cooperative Chirality and Sequential Energy Transfer in a Supramolecular Light-harvesting Nanotube. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2019, 58, 844–848.
Awards and Recognition
Outstanding Post-Doctoral Researchers from China, Planning & Budgeting Committee (PBC) of the Council, Israel (2020)
Invited Seminars and Talks (selected)
1. Yutao Sang, Pengfei Duan, Minghua Liu. (2018). Nanotrumpets and circularly polarized luminescent nanotwists hierarchically self-assembled from an achiral C3-symmetric ester. Molecular Chirality Asia, Harbin Engineering University, 3th-6th, July.
2. Yutao Sang, Pengfei Duan, Minghua Liu. (2019). Towards homochiral supramolecular entities from achiral molecules. Chiral China, Southern University of Science and Technology, 11th -13th, January.
3. Yutao Sang, Suryakant Mishra, Francesco Tassinari, and Ron Naaman. (2022). Temperature Dependence of Charge and Spin Transfer in Azurin. National Workshop on Surface Science of Catalytic Systems, Israel, 27th-28th, February.
4. Yutao Sang, Ron Naaman. (2022). Enhance oxygen reduction by chirality. Chinese Chemical Society Chiral China, Guangzhou, 26th -28th, Auguest.